The question is often asked..........why would you do that? Well, I am going to share 5 reasons WHY I am going to run 13.1 miles in Oct at the Nike Womens Half Marathon to benefit the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society.
My 5 reasons......
5. A way to meet a great group of people to run with and help cheer each other on. Solo is no fun.
4. I set a personal goal for myself this year. To complete a half marathon for the first time, preferably running the whole way. What better way to achieve my goal and help contribute to a wonderful organization like the leukemia/lymphoma Society at the same time.
3. The money that I raise is going to cancer research, education and patient outreach. Also what is being developed by LLS researchers is being used by other cancer (breast, prostate, skin, etc.) patients.
2. Cancer has affected people in my personal life, so this is what I can do to help.
1. What I will go through training to run 13.1 miles is nothing compared to what the patients, family members and loved ones go through when dealing with this disease.
Here are some examples of what your donation today can do to help:
-Prescription Co-Pay Reimbursement - $30
-Cost of a family support group meeting - $55
-Disease Information booklets for oncology office - $75
-Patient aid reimbursement for one year - $150
-Daily salary for an LLS sponsored researcher - $150
-Cost of a patient education program - $200
Please help me in my campaign to raise funds to continue the research, education and patient outreach. My goal is to raise $3,500 by Aug. 1st, so your quick response is appreciated. Just think it will take 140 people to donate $25 for me to reach my goal so give what you can and please pass this along to friends, family members, anyone you can think of and encourage them to donate as well. Also don't forget to ask if your company will match your donation amount. I will truly appreciate your support. You can donate online on my webpage , or you can send a check made payable to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to 110 West Copeland Kingman, KS 67068.
Thank you for all your support in my training and/or donations. I know many of you may have people in your own lives who have or might benefit from this research. Lets keep that research, patient outreach and education going.