Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Playing with a Sketch

Hello!!  I am so happy I got a chance to play with the sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You.  It has been quite a while since I have had a chance to play along with these ladies.  Of course the inspiration on the blog is wonderful.  Here is my take on the sketch...
I had fun playing with some papers from Nikki Sivilis.  A stamps set from Taylored expressions (Whimsical wishes) and a new stamp from Whimsey Stamps (Ticket sentiments). I am still lovin' pink and green together so why not for Christmas?!!  I am so glad I had that awesome pick polka dot ribbon...I think it just finishes this card perfectly.
A little closer view of the tree.  I gotta tell ya.  I stamped and embossed this little tree about 4 times.  The first few times the tree was stamped with white ink and embossed with sparkle powder.  But the tree did not show up the way I wanted.  So I went on to stamp this little tree with green ink....and then embossed with a few different powders.  I finally settled on this one.  It is very sparkley and it seemed to help the design of this stamp pop.  
And now onto the inside...nothing too exciting here, but I still wanted to show that it is finished inside as well.  *grins* 

Thanks so much for stopping by my little crafty place.  Have a wonderful weekend! 
 JennK

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fabulous interpretation of the sketch
thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan