Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Today I want to share a project I have been working on using the Yummy Creative Inspirations paints!  I was inspired by this weeks Inspiration challenge of spreading your wings.  Well, I absolutly ADORE butterflies and so this is the first thing that jumped into my head.  I also have been working on a Dec. Daily...So I incorporated the 2 together.  Who says butterflies can't be part of Christmas??  

First a Close up...

I used the paint and squish technique.  The What and Wha??  You say...  Let me explain.










First I cut out my butterfly.  Next I picked out the embossing folder and paint color I wanted to use.
Next I painted the paint onto my embossing folder.  Put a lot and you get a more of the paper covered.  A little less and less paper gets covered.  You get the idea..
Lastly place your paper into the folder and emboss...
This is a picture of the paper in the folder still.
Here you can see when I pulled the butterfly out...OHHH How lovely!
  So super easy and quick to achieve.  You could add more than one color too if you like.  Just be sure to wash your embossing folder and paint brush out immediately when done....otherwise you may not get all the paint off.

The paint that I used is Winter Frost..So fitting right?  Yeah!  I thought so too.  


Here you can see the butterfly on the project.....Don't these paints SHINE??!!


And now the complete Cover of my album for the Dec. daily.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  Have fun crafting!  

JennK

1 comment:

Karen Wilson said...

That butterfly turned out very nice!!