Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Coaster Re-do

Hiya!!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I recently decided that our coasters needed some revamping.  So after a little paper and Mod Podge..Here is what I created.
Now for a little peek at how I got this look.

I started with these...

Next for some paper...I cut out a circle just big enough to cover the original pattern on the coaster.
 Combine that with some Mod Podge magic...So easy.  I just applied a thin coat to the coaster with a foam brush.  Then add the paper and cover with a little more Mod Podge.
 And this is what happens!!  YES!  After the first coat of Mod Podge dried I applied a second thicker coat that I dabbed with a towel for a little texture. Let this dry.
I am hoping you may be able to see the texture here..
I LOVE the end result.  What do you think??  Do you like the original or the altered version better?

Happy Craftin', JennK


2 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a great transformation! Beth

Unknown said...

LOVE the new versions!!