The cookie is a YUMMY holiday tree. These delicious cookies are dipped in white chocolate….OUTSTANDING!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 egg white
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted with 1 teaspoon canola oil
1. Blend flour and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar. Beat in yolks, vanilla and food coloring. Stir in flour mixture until dough comes together. Divide in half; flatten into disks. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 2 hours.
2. Heat oven to 325°F. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick on floured surface. Cut out trees; reroll scraps. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and brush with egg white. Return to oven; bake 4 to 5 minutes more, until shiny but not brown. Transfer cookies to rack to cool. Dip edges in white chocolate. Let dry on waxed paper.
Yummy right?!! I am on the prowl for a few more yummy cookies to make for a few holiday gifts. Let me know what your favorite is.