Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Smeared and smudged

Welcome to my first posting for the Smeared and smudged! This group of gals LOVE the Vintage, Alternative, Gothic crafting. There is such inspiring alternative work here.

Today I bring you 2 projects.

The first project is an altered jar I created to hold my little ole' paperclips in style. This jar used to hold bouillon cubes..can ya believe it?!! I love repurposing things.
The pearls I colored with my Copics to darken them up a bit. I then sprayed the whole thing with Glimmer mist in Graphite. The paper is some stash of Webster Pages.

My second project is another vintage Santa. I just love working with these images. I used chalks again to color him in a little.
I also use a glitter pen around the outside in green. Used some fibers around my image. I think it gives this a wreath feel.

I hope you have enjoyed my first post for Smeared and Smudged. Come over and check out the site. The girls are just getting started with LOADS of inspiring projects for the alternative artist.

See ya soon, JennK

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenn, great projects! I love your bouillon jar with all the little pearls on the top, I was trying to figure out what those were and they look awesome! And your vintage Santa is just stunning. Thanks for the wonderful projects!

Alison said...

These are both fantastic! I love that you used the boullion cube jar! I have some ideas for my altered project too, using old food containers! Your card is beautiful! I love the eyelash yarn!